Re: [Amps] ICOM PRO III QSK

To: Jim W7RY <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ICOM PRO III QSK
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 22:49:40 -0700
Jim,

I haven't seen a radio which brings T8 outside of the radio which may
not be of importance to you.   Additionally T8 and R8 control the radio
mode so T8 might not actually coincide with the RF exactly but I do
agree with you that T8 goes to +8V BEFORE any RF flows and RF stops
BEFORE T8 go to 0V.  I did measure this one time on one of the
IC-756Prox radios but don't remember which 756Pro model.  With the
exception of the IC-706 and IC-7000 the other Icom radios all had a
keying line (relay) that did have good timing to use with sub 8mS.
relays in an amp.  I may have missed something here but why not use the
key line if it is available?  A very simple circuit can hold the Hsend
line active for 10mS before driving an amplifier if you want to drive
the amp from a 706/7000.

There must be a little more to what you want than what I have read.

73,
Larry, W0QE