[Amps] Alpha 78 Failure

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 78 Failure
From: Paul Gerhardt <phgerhardt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:38:05 -0500
After a couple of years working well and many thousands of Q's the
Alpha 78 quit.  It still switches to xmit, I can hear the relays,
there is a small amount of grid current but no plate current so I am
thinking that the bias is not switching.  The HV reads normal.  Last
time I worked on it I replaced and reworked some parts on the QSK
board two or three years ago.

Does anyone have an idea of how to troubleshoot this?

Paul

--
Paul Gerhardt
K3PG