Re: [Amps] AL-1500 for legal-limit 160m AM?

To: <audioguy@q.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-1500 for legal-limit 160m AM?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 22:06:13 -0500
Move the fan speed tap to fast and it will be fine, that amp is used by many
RTTY contesters where they just complain about fan noise.....

Heck, Ive been using a LK-500 with the optional external transformer at 350W
carrier with no issues when driving with a TS-950SD. When I need QRO I have
a couple of healthy Class C amps in another part of the basement along with
boatanchor RX and TX's.

Carl
KM1H