Re: [Amps] IMD

To: Amps@contesting.com, richard courtway <courtway@syix.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] IMD
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 11:27:34 -0600
my guess on CW that most of the problem is exciters with an extremely fast rise.

With any gear in any mode, if you have an almost instantaneous rise or
cutoff (clipping) you get the spark transmitter phenomenon (and
lightning does it too) of broad sudden energy release.  It has to do
with the physics of suddenly changing the state of energy transfer.
In CW it is called key clicks.

Rob
K5UJ