[Amps] Alpha 78 PRO III RigBlaster SteppIR interconnections

To: Group SCCC <sccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 78 PRO III RigBlaster SteppIR interconnections
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:16:47 -0800 (PST)
Hi all, please respond off list if you can help.

My current station has a computer with N1MM and digital programs that run thru
the RigBlaster and key the PRO III key line/PTT and FSK rtty connection. The
send relay on the PRO III is run to an AL-80B QSK amp broken by a SteppIR lock
out relay.

I have converted an Alpha 76 to an Alpha 78, copied the 78 QSK board and
installed vacuum relay etc.

To run QSK with the 78 they recommend the 78 key the PRO III. I can put the
SteppIR lock out in series with the Alpha T/R enable line by adding a couple of
RCA jacks. The 78 goes send ready when you push CW or SSB then if you ground
the "RELAY" jack on the 78 it keys the QSK protection and manages switching the
antenna and closing the "KEY" jack.

Now, I assume I connect the CW out on the RigBlaster to the 78 RELAY jack and
run my grandmaster and hand key in there also. Then the KEY output on the 78
goes to the KEY in on the PRO III.

The RigBlaster is set to use CW/PTT on COM 1 and FSK on COM 2.

Am I thinking right? If the computer program keys up CW PTT or RTTY all will
still be well?

Now what happens if I key the radio with the internal keyer memories, nothing
is keying the 78?

What do I do ????

Rick, N6PE