[Amps] Pi Network Coil Design

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Pi Network Coil Design
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:30:21 -0500
I'm working on the design of the Pi network for a 4-1000A linear (160, 80, 40
and 20 M only), plate resistance is 5500 ohms,

The inductance for 160M is 39.2 uH.  I'm planning on using a ceramic former
3.5" by 6.5" (31 T #10 Thermaleze spaced over 6").

That part is easy.  I have a couple questions about taping the coil for the
higher bands.  For 80M the inductance required is 19.6 uH, half the 160M value.
 So I assume that if I tap the coil at the 50% point I'll have 19.6 uH.  Do I
need to give any consideration for the end effect of the shorted out portion of
the coil?  Whatever the answer I assume it will apply for the higher bands (40
and 20).

Thanks guys and 73, Wayne N1WR