Re: [Amps] strategies for storing spares for maximum life ??

To: "bob" <n612dw@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] strategies for storing spares for maximum life ??
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:12:13 -0500
Ive used many, many, old date code pulls and NOS  in the amp repair business
and Ive yet to find any 3CX800 with gas or seal leakage including some
stored for 20 or so years.

I have several of the 8873/8874/8875 family that all perform the same way.

The 4CX300A is notorious for leakage as is the glass-metal PL-172.

So there is a thread of truth to leakage but the rest is mythology found on
other forums from the great unwashed hordes from CB and FM.

Carl
KM1H