[Amps] Message B more info re intermittent 87a

To: <ve1dt@infinichron.com>, <amps@contesting.com>, Alpha alpha-service <alpha-service@crosslinkinc.com>, Alpha Amplifiers <service@alpharadioproducts.com>, Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>, Marc hs0zju <funbiz@gmail.com>
Subject: [Amps] Message B more info re intermittent 87a
From: Charles Harpole <k4vud@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 17:10:12 +0000
I forgot to note in my first message that I did very recently unplug, clean,
and replug all the plugs accessible via the under side removable panel.  I have
not yet worked on all the other plugs, but will.  Some black could be rubbed
easily off some of the plugs. My next step is to unplug/replug all the
connectors again.  Also, to hook it to a computer and follow that line of
diagnostics, too.  I see that the 9500 is advertised as now designed without
all those plugs.  I really doubt that the 87a ones can actually wear out, but
it looks like my unit will need this cleaning frequently.  Clearly a design
flaw that works for the first few years.  Manufacturers forget that ham rigs
never go away ...they are simply traded off to a ham with less money.  I
believe in the 20 year refrig, the 10 year automobile, and the 40 year ham
radio.................   please, stop laughing, readers. Thanks to all
respondents.... I will keep reporting until the problem seems licked and report
that
  too. 73,

Charles Harpole
k4vud@hotmail.com