Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 110, Issue 2

Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 110, Issue 2
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2012 12:53:20 -0800
I can see doing those things as a learning experiment, but if the goal
is an inexpensive load you can get NOS Florida RF 250-watt flange mount
resistors from Henry Radio on eBay for $24.95, or 800-watt for $59.95 .
(plus shipping, of course)

I just bought (4) 800-watt, 200-ohm units from Henry for $189.95 and
then a length of 10-inch-wide extruded heat sink from John Ango for $22
. Pretty inexpensive for a 3600-watt dummy load good to 500mhz with a
max VSWR of around 1.3:1 . (contiunous duty around 900 watts with no
fan, or add a fan and shroud for a few dollars - or a bigger sink)

My .02, adjust for local currency as appropriate...
Jim Barber, N7CXI