[Amps] Alternative input network Upgrade for SB 220

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alternative input network Upgrade for SB 220
From: Patrick Barthelow <apolloeme@live.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 10:56:11 -0800

Friends,
Somewhere I saw a  3 -500Z input network aftermarket kit  that was a long
narrow board with the coil/cap combos mounted side by sideon the board, and
available for 3-500Z or perhaps SB 221  installations.
I did not see it at the Harbach website.
I received a very mangled SB 221 input network that I am trying to fix, and
having extreme difficulty due to the age, and density of mounting   the
cardboard coil formers,  making them brittle, and subject to easy breakage if
disturbed in the process of removing and replacing all the silver mica
capacitors, that were all assembled and soldered in sequence to a central
grounding terminal.   I have heard the 35 year old coils are sometimes
troublesome if any need to be tuned by the internal slug positioning, sometimes
breaking in that process too.   It is exceptionally difficult to even read the
values of the SM capacitors in situ.   Any input network packages out there?
Tnx, 73, Pat AA6EG