Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source for plate xfrmer
From: Steve Bookout <steve@dx4win.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 09:38:45 -0500
Hello Rob,

They are the snap-in type of electrolytic caps.  I'm in the house right now, so
don't have that info at my fingertips.  Will let you know later.
Using ten. something like 330 mf @ 450v.  105C. At the time, I researched them
and was satisfied with them having a low internal resistance.

Guys, the more I think abt it, the more I think the secondary resistance was
something approaching 60 ohms.
I remember measuring it when I was doing some trouble shooting, but wasn't
looking at it with respect to the actual resistance.  I was looking for a
shorted winding. ( One of my diode blocks was mislabeled with the diode symbol
backwards.  The 'soft start' pwr resistors REALLY didn't like that!)

Have some oil filled caps but they were too large for the available space.

73 de Steve, NR4M

Sent from my iPad