Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 110, Issue 30

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Amps Digest, Vol 110, Issue 30
From: "Wayne Rogers" <n1wr@chesapeake.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 13:57:13 -0500
This was as problem in one of the early 1870's handbooks.  In one of their
amplifier projects they showed a three wire 220 circuit, with no neutral.
and they had a blower connected across one leg to ground.  What that does is
cause current to flow on the ground leg .  Not good!

I wrote to the technical editor about it - next version of the handbook came
out with a 4 wire 220 circuit!

73, Wayne N1WR

P.S.  Thsat 6 X 3-500z amp would be a real killer on Topband.  Even with
4-250's.