Re: [Amps] 833A/GU-48 x4 Amp support

To: Hsu <hsu4qro@gmail.com>, Máximo EA1DDO_HK1H <ea1ddo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 833A/GU-48 x4 Amp support
From: "Fuqua, Bill L" <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 03:03:03 -0500
I believe he wants 4 glowing plates. Larger the better.
4x 250th would work but a bit expensive compared to the Russan 833.
I once ran 2x 250th in grounded grid driven by a pair of 6146Bs on 20 meters.
So 4 should work.

73
Bill wa4lav

I don't think 833A is a good option.As it have  long  electrode and bad
freqence response. I'm afraid it can not work in 20m in 4X
parallel(self-oscillation).
3CX3000A7/F7 is better. But if you use ACOM2000A as driver, it will over
drive easily.The drivering power is 400W (max)  for 3CX3000A7/F7. or you can
use low/ medium  Mu triode
in GG like 3CX3000A1/3CX2500A3..., they need more driving power. Just my
thought.
     73!Hsu