[Amps] 6 kw coax

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 6 kw coax
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 01:43:33 -0700
Why not just use a simple L network.   25 ohm input and a 50 ohm output.  The
25 ohm input
would consist of the 2 x 50 ohm coax’s, one from each TX, in parallel.  Just
one coil from the
output to the input side.  50 ohm output side has a cap to grnd.

I designed some simple L networks, used to   feed 2 x 40m yagi,s  in phase.
And a 2nd box to feed
3 x 20m yagis, all in phase.  Surplus low value NPO 5 kv TX doorknob caps in
parallel for the C.  The
coil is just either  .25” – .375”  - .5”  OD  cu material.    The 2 x output
connectors on these box’s  were
7-16 din..and in parallel inside the box.   Think of it as one port in..and one
port out.

Works great, and you can’t blow em up....and very wide BW.    In the case of
the 3 x 20m yagi’s.... the output
side is designed around 16.66 ohms.   Here, we are just splitting the output of
the amp.

In the OP’s  case.... you want the box backwards..and combine 2 x amps  into
one output.  A wilkinson
power divider would do the same thing, just use some BIG  75 ohm catv coax.

If the L network box is used, then it’s all 50 ohm coax used through
out.....and standard  50 ohm connectors,
like your favourite EIA flange connector’s.

Later... Jim   VE7RF