Re: [Amps] LK 550-ZC

To: Dick Green WC1M <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LK 550-ZC
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 13:43:30 -0500
I'd say you did an adequate test assuming you got three tubes to show
orange anodes for at least 10 minutes.  I had thought the reason for
the high fan speed (and resulting noise) was that there are three
3-500s in that amp _but_ they are not cooled in chimneys with air
coming up from the bottom.  I am okay with a pair being cooled from
the side, but a third tube (with them in a triangle) means to me that
one tube gets less air exposure, so they need to be blasted even more.
  Maybe the cooling fan line-up varied over the versions of that
model--I have only seen interior shots of one.

Rob
K5UJ