Re: [Amps] NAB...hope from the old world for the new?

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] NAB...hope from the old world for the new?
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2012 08:58:52 -0500
Ed,

I vote for Better...
The best sounding audio amp I have ever owned was a Heathkit.
The amp was a Williamson design and used a pair of KT-66's in the final.

I have long since parted with the amp, but still have the Homebrewed
speakers.
They are Bass reflex with 12in woofers, mid range horns and 3in tweeters.

To me that sound better than any speaker tower and boom box...yuk...

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP