Re: [Amps] Capacitors vs No Capacitors

To: donroden@hiwaay.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Capacitors vs No Capacitors
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:29:02 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
"But I wonder what would be the results with no capacitor in CW or SSB
operation....   The voltage wouldn't be as high.... no capacitor to charge."

OK, I did just that.  Decades ago, I was using a Johnson Courier in grounded
grid mode.  During the conversion to grounded grid, the capacitors somehow were
disconnected.  It does have a choke.

A local ham heard me on the air and called and said my audio sounded strange.
He made a recording and played it back.  There was no hum, but the bass sounded
strange and the quality was less than perfect.

73,  Colin  K7FM