Re: [Amps] A76pa glitch on warm up

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] A76pa glitch on warm up
From: "Jeff Blaine" <keepwalking188@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 23:32:01 -0500
Finally got back to looking into this after some travel and found the
blasted amp is DOA.  Murphy's revenge!

Well, not quite DOA.  Power relay K1 is functional.  But K2 offers some
interesting observations...  To wit, the red wire side of the step start
relay K2 seems to be shorted.  And fuse F3 - the step start fuse - is blown
open...

I've not lost F3 before that I can recall.  But the amp is 25 years old so
I'm not sure how to read the short on relay K2...  Is the 25 years catching
up to my sweetheart - or is this a sign of some kind of trouble down the HV
supply path?

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie