Re: [Amps] LDMOS Solid State Amplifiers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] LDMOS Solid State Amplifiers
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq72@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 08:29:00 +0100
I think the underlying point is that IMDs add together as voltages
not powers so you have to work back to the levels in Volts, not
power, in order to can see the relative contributions and the
total overall level. IMD levels in dB are powers; power=20log(V)
and V=10^(power/20) which is where the 20 comes from.

Steve