Re: [Amps] The power of an oversized electrolytic capacitor /how much PS

To: "garyschafer@comcast.net" <garyschafer@comcast.net>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The power of an oversized electrolytic capacitor /how much PS filter C is enough?
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 11:46:25 -0400
To continue the physical analogy, you're describing damping, not regulation.
Adding mass to increase inertia may mimic the results of regulation, but only
if the time interval of the measurement is relatively short.

For the purpose of the amplifier power supply discussion, I get the point.  But
regulation is an active process, not passive, and requires feedback.

Al
AB2ZY