Re: [Amps] ANOTHER L4B EBAY (same seller)

To: k8ri@rogerhalstead.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] ANOTHER L4B EBAY (same seller)
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 02:25:02 -0400 (EDT)
Funny thing is, I do not see any mention of the power supply

In a message dated 6/8/2012 1:44:06 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
k8ri@rogerhalstead.com writes:

On  6/8/2012 1:18 AM, Mike Baker wrote:
> This should be interesting to  watch.
>
> Wanna bet this one pushes the 3K mark pretty  hard?  As weird as that may
> seem to me, it just might  happen.

Who do you think winds those auctions?  Does and L4B  actually put our
1500 watts?
Now if it were a heatkit, unassembeled, in  the original box, it would be
a true collectors piece.
The Viking  Ranger I the ARRL put together a few years back was worth a
whole lot more  before they made the first solder joint.  It not only was
rare, it  was unique.

But what is there to show an L4B is brand new, never used  that will make
it stand out from other pristine L4Bs?
A normal  collector would want a piece that screams "I am Unique", I am
worth a  fortune to those who can see I'm different!
This may be a never used amp,  but it is not "brand new". At best it is
NOS that is likely to need new  caps at a minimum before it can be used.
An amp is worth what ever the  market will stand and he'll probably get
it, but what is so special about  this amp that would make it a genuine
collectors  piece?

73

Roger (K8RI)

> Mike Baker   K7DD