Re: [Amps] tube fils..again

To: <jerry@tr2.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tube fils..again
From: Dave White <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 20:27:33 +0200
I've known plenty of people use ex-computer 5V DC switch mode supplies for the
heaters on oxide cathode tubes like 4CX250Bs (G6ABU used them for years in his
2 metre contest amps) - probably because they're stable, cheaply available and
easy to set-and-forget.

I've not heard of anyone using DC with tungsten filaments though.  It's a good
question.

Dave DL/G0OIL