[Amps] FS: Alpha 76A with 3CX800A7 tubes

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FS: Alpha 76A with 3CX800A7 tubes
From: "Paul" <w8aef@q.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 10:12:27 -0700
I have an Alpha 76A equipped with a pair of 3CX800A7 tubes, Vacuum and reed
relay for qsk operation, and an RF Parts RFC-3 choke that delivers 1500
watts dc output on all amateur bands, including WARC.

The 3CX800A7's were new old stock tubes installed in 2001 when I replaced
the filter capacitors and converted it to QSK operation.

The amplifier requires about 110 watts drive for 1500 watts output.  The
original plate choke is included if you want to give up 12 meters and only
have 100 watts for full power output.

I fabricated transparent dials to replace the 0-100 dial scales on the TUNE
and LOAD controls and inserted a paper dial in back of them with band
markings similar to the Heath SB-220.  This speeds up band change/retuning
as I do not have to refer to a look up table.  The original 0-100 dial
scales are included and the paper dial can easily be removed to allow return
to factory appearance.

I am asking $1750, pick up in Phoenix, Arizona