[Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 06:06:33 -0700
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 03:09:20 -0400
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query
On 7/29/2012 11:50 PM, Leigh Turner wrote:

> Yes indeed Dick....instant-on thoriated tungsten filament tubes are nice!
>
> But alas, the rather pricey 3CX1200 can't be second-sourced :-(

Didn't they change the suffix on the 3CX1200 to something new?
I don't know if the bias is the only thing changed with the tube
designation.

73

Roger (K8RI)

## Just look it up on eimacs site... or better yet, look it up in the eimac
catalog.
They make THREE  different versions of the tube...and still do !
A7, D7, Z7.     The Z7 is the best of the bunch.. and  has the lowest feedback
C...
and no socket  required.   It has a grid flange.

Jim  VE7RF