Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query

To: w7why@frontier.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 17:20:06 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 8/4/2012 5:12:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
w7why@frontier.com writes:

Also I'm  curious about the rationale for using two little puppies in
parallel  instead of a single 3CX1500A7/8877 tube...it sounds like you have
given  this key decision a lot of thought?

I think Dan mentioned in another posting that he had a good supply of these
 tubes already and he said that his price was very good, and went on to say
that  the price others give on these tubes that he can buy 2 of them for
that  price. 9so it seemed)  Surely there is nothing wrong with a pair of
these tubes.  I got the impression he DID NOT want to source Chinese  8877's.
It's still up in the air if the new QRO-TECH 8877 amp has a  Chinese tube in
it.  The Alpha 8877 amp does.