Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2 3-500 mod

To: "James Durham" <jimdur@gmail.com>, "Amps List" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2 3-500 mod
From: "Jim W7RY" <jimw7ry@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 12:59:36 -0700
So how much room is between the top of the cabinet and the plate cap? What
about a lower profile plate cap?  Are you trying to use the same chimneys?
I've heard of others running 3-500s in older henry amps with no issues
except for lowering the tubes just enough to get the clearance needed to the
top of the cabinet.

10 volts is a bit high for 3-500s. 5.1 or 6.8 volts would be better. 10
volts is fine as long as you don't ever run it on SSB.

73
Jim W7RY