Re: [Amps] Filter Cap. question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Filter Cap. question
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2012 10:01:32 +0200
The answers I have heard are a resounding 'NO'. These caps aren't designed or
intended for the level of ripple current that you get in an amplifiers PSU, and
they fail fairly quickly. Usually killing other parts in the process. The
fairly big paper caps intended for SCR commutation should be OK, though.
73
Peter G3RZP

Message Received: Aug 06 2012, 05:38 AM