[Amps] Blower recommendations 8877 amp.

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Blower recommendations 8877 amp.
From: Charles Bibb <zedkay@telepak.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 14:52:44 -0500
I'm looking for specific blower recommendations for a HB 8877 amp.
(blower maker and model #).

Everyone says use a Papst blower because they are quieter.  I use a
Papst fan in my HB 2x3-500 amp.

I have several blowers here. The ones that obviously move enough air
are WAY too loud! The quiet ones I'm not sure about. They seem to
move plenty of air, but don't produce the amount of water level
change recommended by Eimac.

I built a liquid tube manometer gauge to measure the back
pressure.  Only the loudest can deliver the minimum 0.41 inch change
in water level that Eimac recommends for the 8877.  Surely, there are
compromises that work just fine.

What blower are you guys using in your single 8877
amps?  Recommendations, anyone?

73,
Charles - K5ZK