Re: [Amps] Parasitic Resister Value

To: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitic Resister Value
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 16:58:18 -0400
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:18 PM

Expensive due to a steady demand unlike the Heath and others.

Seperate head makes for one handed convenience, not that goofy HD-1250
tuning.

Tubes still work in case you missed that step.

Most of us dont need or want battery powered. I havent had that need in over
50 years.

Most SS are prone to spurious responses, very variable oscillation levels
and other things that place them in the Hammy Hambone toy category.

The manual, especially the military version, should be required reading.

All in all the 59, having been designed in the late 40's, and still in
demand today almost 60 years after production ceased (1947-55), speaks
volumes.

Carl
KM1H