Re: [Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 12:17:37 +0100
On 26 August 2012 10:23, Roger (K8RI) <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com> wrote:
> On 8/26/2012 5:15 AM, Dr. David Kirkby wrote:

>> I did notice a number of different bidders had private feedback. It could be
>> they were set up, and rather than revel their real feedback (of zero), it was
>> kept private, so nobody could see.
>>

> Or the shill, working for the seller, runs the bid up, backs out after
> so the sucker gets the bid.
>
> 73
>
> Roger (K8RI)

There are at least two bidders with private feedback. So really, that
could push the price to any amount they want.

It woud be intersting to know whether this seller often has bidders
with private feedback. I've sold a few items on eBay, and never had
one. The fact he has at least two on one auction is suspicious. If he
gets lot of auctions private feedback bidders, then I would be very
suspicious.