Re: [Amps] RF insulating materials - engineered plastics

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RF insulating materials - engineered plastics
From: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 07:51:20 -0600
John,

This is extremely interesting but something seems incorrect.

Assuming your teflon dielectric puck:

C(pf) = .2248 * K * A * (N-1) / d = .2248 * 2.1 * PI * (1.5^2) * 1 / .75
= 4.45pF

Xc @ 90MHz = 1 / (2 * PI * 90e6 * 4.45e-12) = 397.4 ohms

15kVpk = 10607Vrms

I = 10607 / 397.4 = 26.7A  which is over 100 times more current than you
show.

Can you explain the discrepancies?

73,
Larry, W0QE