Re: [Amps] Chinese sockets

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Chinese sockets
From: Pete Smith N4ZR <n4zr@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 06:34:53 -0400
One trick that I have used here on some 35-year-old sockets is to swap two of the springs from the grid pins with the ones for the filaments. I think it was W8JI who first pointed out here that resistive heating in the filament pins could be responsible for loss of temper in the springs.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World Contest Station Database, at www.conteststations.com
reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
arcluster.reversebeacon.net, port 7000