[Amps] Henry 2KD-Classic blower

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2KD-Classic blower
From: Mark - K4SO <k4so@VERIZON.NET>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:52:27 -0400
My Henry 2KD-Classic has developed a noisy blower. Overly so, that is, with a cyclical noise, about 4 times/second. I have a spare one in much newer condition. Any tips on replacing it? I'd rather not take off any more sheet metal than necessary to make the swap. I'll re-lube the existing one first, just in case, but this is a mechanical. cyclical drone and doesn't sound like lubrication will make the difference. Cleaning may be an issue since the blower has never really been out and fully cleaned. It seems to me there is access via the input circuit access panel on the bottom, to reach the squirrel cage, so maybe I can clean it that way. It almost sounds like an out of balance issue.

Any experiences you can share would be appreciated. (And I thought removing/repairing the blower in the Alpha 89 was a bear :-)

73, Mark
K4SO
www.k4so.com