Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 switches and caps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 76 switches and caps
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 00:14:37 -0400
On 10/29/2012 11:09 PM, Bob K6UJ wrote:
I need to replace the two side by side switches and the plastic push buttons
for ON/OFF
on my Alpha 76CA.   A number of Alpha amps use the same switches, Alpha 78 etc.
RF Concepts doesn't stock these and I cannot locate a supplier.  These
pushbutton switches

I think these might be the same as the ones Henry Radio used in the 2002/2006, 2 and 6 meter KWs. Structurally they may be a bit different, but they appear to look the same and be close to the same size. I've replaced them on both the 2002 and 2006 if I remember the numbers correctly as it's been quite a while. OTOH you might be able to adapt them.

Good Luck and let us all know what you come up with.

73

Roger (K8RI)