Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer
From: Richard Solomon <dickw1ksz@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 08:57:20 -0700
I noticed that the XFMR drew a lot of current when I did a no-load voltage test.
It seemed to go up rapidly between 90 vac and 120 vac. (I have a 20 Amp GR
Variac with both E & I meters).

That could be a problem unless I switch the AC line, which could cause other
problems.

It looks like it's not a viable way to go. But there's a lot of copper
to salvage !!

Thanks for all the replies,

73, Dick, W1KSZ