Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 13:18:53 -0800 (PST)
I agree about MOTs.  It didn't take me long to decide that, for a big
amplifier, they're just not worth the bother.  My home-rewound plate xfmr has
multiple taps on both primary windings and the secondary winding:

Vin = 100/120/200/240
Vout = 1180/1266/1353/1440 @ 3A

My target out of the FWD is 3500 to 4000V @ > 1A (max load = 785 mA). The xfmr
came from a piece of medical equipment, with a split bobbin (low leakage
current).  Total investment (wire + NMN paper) ≈ $150. Thanks to Manfred and
others!

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC