Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay
From: Bryan Swadener <bswadener@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 10:55:48 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:40:13 -0500
From: Gary KA1J

> So far, I've not had a timing issue with semi break-in & my SB220 (I
> haven't tried to operate full break-in). Even after the upcoming
> change to fast vacuum relays, I doubt I'll use QSK or VOX... much. If
> I do, I'll be able to see any abberations with my monitor scope.
I used Rich Measures QSK system in a SB-220 and it worked just
perfectly. I never once regretted putting that in there and it was
definitely worth making.
Gary
KA1J
That's not the setup I'll be using but, my reason for not using QSK/VOX isn't
related to any timing concerns.  The new setup, along with cooling
modifications will make my SB220 quieter, even with the Dayton 4M070 motor that
Harbach sells for more $. The sealed relays will also fix the oxidized &
intermittent contacts on the OEM open relay.

Note to Jim: I should have the parts in hand next week.

vy 73,
Bryan WA7PRC