[Amps] PS filter caps

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] PS filter caps
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 19:39:44 -0800 (PST)
I have an old HT-41 apart, it has the original filter caps. I brought it up
slow and got the filter caps to level out and they appear OK. I took them (6)
out individually and charged and discharged them on a regulated 450 v supply
and I'm seeing between 1 and 4 ma leakage but it seems to be going down the
more they are under power. They have 20K equalizing resistors across them.

The original caps are about 4" x 1" and rated 100 ufd / 450 v / 85 degree

The guy I'm working on it for gave me some new caps that are 1-3/8" x 3/4"  105
degree 100 ufd 450 v.

Any opinions on if the smaller caps can handle replacing the old ones or should
we look for bigger cans?

Thanks

Rick, N6PE