[Amps] MLA-2500 circuit questions

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] MLA-2500 circuit questions
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 19:28:19 -0800 (PST)
To clarify further, I found the QST article which appeared in the March 1978
Product Review section. The article by W1VD references the fall of 1976 "when
Denny and his top engineer stopped by" W1AW with three packages.
One was a Dentron 10-160L amp in for evaluation. The second was an alpha
numeric code reader that was said to copy W1AW code flawlessly.
The third box contained the prototype MLA-2500 which is said to have buried the
2.5K Bird elemment.

The article goes on to state that a second MLA 2500 unit arrived several months
later, and that this amp produced a maximum output of 1350 watts with 100 watts
in on 15 meters. Other bands yielded less than 1350 with 100 watts input. Poor
effiency was also noted on the lower ends of the 40/80 meter bands.

I noted that the "price class" of the 2500 is listed as $800, which was quite a
chunk back in 1978!

                              Don    N8ECH