Re: [Amps] Palstar HF2500 amp problem

To: "Jim Smith" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Palstar HF2500 amp problem
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 09:05:32 -0500
Those amps have a history of cooking the plate blocking capacitors. They heat up, detune the amp which reflects back to the input since there is low reverse isolation in a GG amp.

Id start there before worrying about soft tubes. Those can be checked one at a time with 30W drive on 20M. Stuff a paper towel in the empty hole

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Smith" <jimsmith@shaw.ca>