[Amps] Henry 2K-3

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 2K-3
From: Jim Valdes <jvaldes@whoi.edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 09:45:45 -0500
I'm new to the reflector, thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have a 2K-3 I acquired from a local ham. I have adequate grid current (drive) on all bands however output power varies ... >1Kw on 75/80/15, 600w on 40, 350 on 20. Looking 'in' with an MFJ analyzer from the output with a 2.2K to ground off the plates the best SWR I can achieve is in the high 2's to > 3:1, I suspect a bad band switch. The output network looks to be a Pi-L switched by two sections of the switch. DC wise the inductor shorts out the contacts so I can't make a measurement there. I tried 'looking' across the coils (in circuit) with the analyzer, the results are not very consistent. Isolating the inductors will be a major effort. I'd like to locate a set of replacement wafers for the switch before I start to disassemble. I've sent emails to Henry Radio, and radiodan.com - Anyone have a suggestions for additional sources or a replacement assembly?
Thanks, Jim
WA1GPO