Re: [Amps] Rf choke coil form

To: George <at6c@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rf choke coil form
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 12:39:39 -0600
I'd look for a large Johnson open wire line ceramic spacer.  they used
to be made with porcelain for six inch line spacing.  they show up at
hamfests and other places and on line.  McMaster Carr might have some
sort of material.   A feedline spacer will be glazed but if you wind
the wire on and apply clear crystal epoxy to hold it so it doesn't
spring you should be okay.   wrap rubber bands at the bottom and top
of the coil temporarily so it doesn't slide.  The spacers I have seen
are about 1 inch OD so not quite the same width but close.  I'd avoid
PVC or delrin because I'm not sure they'll handle heat without
deforming.

The nice thing about a spacer is the holes in it at the ends. Makes
mounting easy.

Rob
K5UJ