Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency

To: "Mike Lord" <k4elv@bellsouth.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:13:16 -0500
Ive restored a 1954 QST cover project 813 TX and get around 60% Class C on 10M at 2200V and it increases to a bit over 70% on 80/40. Grid current on 10 and 15 isnt as high as Id like.

A modified Globe Champion with an 813 runs about the same at 1000V on 10M but with drive right to the max by replacing the 2E26 with a 6146 with increased screen voltage.

A 4X 813 GG linear Amp runs a solid 60% on 10M but the HV is 3200V under full load and the input and output circuits were tweaked to get there.

The old tech glass tetrodes and pentodes liked their HV, the 4-1000A is a prime example.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Lord" <k4elv@bellsouth.net>