Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency

To: "Eddy Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 813 efficiency
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 11:09:21 -0500
For about the same money there are still many 4-250A and 400A's available.

Carl
KM1H

Hi Guys,

It absolutely gobsmacks me how some guys in this hobby would rather whip-out the ol' VISA card & spend literally HUNDREDS on power amplifier tubes, when the lowly ol' 813---paired with some twins, of course!---will do the job as well, and at an absolute FRACTION of the price...

Sure the tube has high interelectrode capacitance, & has been around since before WW2: but so what? It's nothing that a bit of 21st century technology can't master...and who cares about age? After all, I myself am 60 years old here, & hardly consider my existence to be "redundant"! Hi Hi

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ