Re: [Amps] Transformer choice

To: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Transformer choice
From: "Hsu" <hsu4qro@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2013 05:09:41 +0800
I just order a 2kVA toroid , OD=200mm, H=130mm
weight over 20kg, Price=$180

-----原始邮件----- From: Carl
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 4:57 AM
To: Jim Garland ; 'Ulf (SM0NOR)' ; amps@contesting.com

I would not consider 11 kg to be close to a 2kVA CCS transformer. The
AL-1200/1500/82 Dahl is 15 kg and that is ICAS (2570V/800ma) and a C Core
yet it still has to be derated for RTTY, etc.

A stock SB-220 transformer is close to 11 kg and its rated at 600VA.

Also remember those ratings are DC input power, not RF out. Add 15-20% to
the weight for E-I construction.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@miamioh.edu>