Re: [Amps] 6 pin molex-type power connectors on HF gear discontinued in

To: Kimo Chun <kimo@lava.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6 pin molex-type power connectors on HF gear discontinued in 2002?
From: "Col. Paul E. Cater" <paulecater@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 12:28:13 -0400
Here is what I have found and decided on the pins.

If you are just going to replace the female pins on the DC power cord plug
use the Molex .062 DIA Crimp, P/N 39-00-0331, Mouser 538-39-00-0331.  It is
a tight fit but it will expand somewhat to accept the male pins on the
radio.  A much better option then the newer cables that are so sloppy in
their fit.

The best bet and what I am going to do is replace both sides.  using Molex
P/Ns 39-00-0228 & 39-00-0297, .093 DIA/14-20 AWG crimp.  Mouser #s
538-39-00-0288 & 538-39-00-0297.

Thanks to all for the research and advise.  A lot of work just to save a
few bucks------

Paul
WD8OSU