[Amps] huge centrifugal l blower for sale in the UK

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] huge centrifugal l blower for sale in the UK
From: David Kirkby <david.kirkby@onetel.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 22:52:47 +0100
I have for sale a huge centrifugal blower in the UK. I suspect it
would cool a 50-100 kW tube. The motor takes 2.8 kW single phase 230
V. A quick check of the specs show it will push 1000 cfm at 6" of
water back pressure.See

http://www.aircontrolindustries.com/userfiles/file/10._vbl9.pdf

I bought the fan new, direct from the manufacturer, about 15 years.
There was a mistake in the catalogue, as it said it weight 22 lbs, but
in fact it is 22 kg. So it was a lot bigger than I expected, but I
decided to keep it.

Apart from running it up to test it for a few minutes, and once trying
to clear some dust for about an hour, the fan is unused. It cost me
about £350 some 15 years ago.

It weighs 22 kg, so I would prefer the buyer to collect, but I might
consider shipping the blower. The starting current is sufficiently
high it will blow a 13 A fuse. This is a serious fan by amateur
standards.

If you fancy building a monster linear, please make sensible offers
direct via email. Indicate whether you can collect from near Maldon
Essex. Preference would be given to someone who can collect it.

The last time I looked at the data sheet on this blower properly,
which was many years ago, it was only available in 3 phase. But this
one is certainly single phase.

Dr. David Kirkby G8WRB