Re: [Amps] 572's

To: "Matthew McCloskey" <hidesertdrifter@live.com>, "Amp Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 572's
From: "kingwood" <k5jv@kingwoodcable.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 12:05:23 -0500
Greetings to all,

In my opinion, a "reputable distributor" doesn't have anything to do with the issue. 99% of all new 572B's come from the same factory in China. If the tubes won't meet muster, the problem is in the factory, not the distributor.

Like Carl, I have been buying 572B's, by the case, for years. They all have came from the same wholesaler, in Florida. I have never had a bad tube, even an open filament, until this last batch. Every single tube tested about one half the output compared to earlier purchases. even 30 year old Cetron pulls put out more power than the new tubes.

I sent the entire batch back to the wholesaler. He said that he had no other complaints, at that time, but accepted the tubes back with no question. I have had no other word from him.

73 de Lon, K5JV

Lon W. Cottingham

1110 Golden Bear Ln.
Kingwood, TX 77339