[Amps] On the subject of chassis...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] On the subject of chassis...
From: Dan Levin <dan@andlev.com>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 11:21:13 -0700
Obviously, a key issue when it comes to this type of question is cost.
 If you are looking for an absolutely professional "look", and aren't
too cost sensitive, I recommend Protocase: www.protocase.com .

You use their free CAD tool to design what you want, and a week later
it arrives.  Steel or aluminum in your choice of chassis style and
gauge.  Holes laser cut to fit your connectors, shafts, etc.  Powder
coated in your choice of color and finish.  Silk screened labels.
Looks (and is!) like a professional product.

Now, they aren't cheap...  The full custom aluminum case for my solid
state amp project cost $655 all in shipped to my door.    That
included several custom made interior brackets and dividers that were
pretty costly, the chassis itself was $386 plus shipping.

For that price, I got 102 holes and/or cutouts, and 31 custom placed
PEM fasteners, plus powdercoating and a custom silkscreen on both the
front and back of the chassis.  The silk screen was $80, so the
chassis with powdercoating was $316.

If you really want a beautiful, professional looking chassis, they do
first class work, and you get exactly what you want.

                      ***dan