[Amps] Fwd: Re: Commander 2500 value.

To: Amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Fwd: Re: Commander 2500 value.
From: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 14:34:37 +0800

No. They are not that hard to work on. Not like Ameritron amps anyway.

I have one here and it is for sale, with a spare pair of full output,
low grid current 3CX800A7's. It is from the estate of VK6HD (SK) and we
are asking AU$2800.00 for a local sale. Our dollar is at parity with
yours at the moment once the money laundering is done. We are hopeful of
getting that figure, particularly since a new set of tubes is now $1000
plus shipping and this amp comes with a second set of tried and tested
tubes.

The amp is probably worth a lot less on your side of the pond. However,
here downunder, I don't reckon there would be another one in the whole
country. Therefore, the premium price.

I've actually had the amp in the shack for the last week and I must
confess that I've fallen in love with it. I had the sad moment about an
hour ago of packing it into the box, ready for sale.

Any Aussie readers are welcome to email me direct, to do the deal before
it goes up on the VK Classifieds site.

73, Alek.
VK6APK